Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was trying to make pumpkin cookies and accidentally used 1 *can* instead of 1 cup of pumpkin (and I threw in an extra egg and extra powdered ginger), so I ended up with this moist delicious cake! If you like it extra spicy use the extra spoonful of ginger. Sorry-- I didn't pay attention to how long I baked it--I believe you bake until the center springs back with a light touch (maybe 25-30 minutes?)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Blend in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased cake pan(s).
- Bake until center of cake springs back with a light touch.
Delicious! Not too pumpkin-tasting, a little bite to it! I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I substituted approximately 2/3 tsp each of cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. I brought it to work for my birthday treat and everyone loved it! Top it with your own or a store bought cream cheese frosting and it's a hit!