Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another holiday treat, good with coffee, tea or hot cider. It can be frozen with excellent results. If you are tempted to slice it straight from the freezer, please be sure to defrost it before you eat it.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- Beat together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- combine and add the remaining ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Divide batter between 3 greased mini-loaf foil pans, 6x3x2-inch, place pans on a cookie sheet, and bake in a 350 F.
- oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 15 min.
- and then remove from pans and continue cooling on a rack.
- Serve with sweet whipped butter, Yields 3 mini-loaves.
- Easiest& Best!
- Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads.
This is wonderful! Fragrant and moist with just the right amount of fruit and nuts. I feel like I struck it rich, because I chose this recipe to use up small amounts of pumpkin and dates I had in the kitchen. I cut the recipe to 2/3 and made one medium loaf. Thank you so much for the recipe, Olga. I'll be baking it again.
Excellent! I omitted the raisins and dates (not by choice, I just didn't have any at the time) and it was the best pumpkin bread I have ever had! I can't wait to try it with the raisins and dates! Thank you so much for sharing, this one is a keeper for sure! I also frosted some of them with a cream cheese icing and brought them to my daughter's Halloween party, they disappeared within moments.
We love sweet quick breads & pumpkin so this one is a winner! I baked it in a regular loaf pan and had to add about 15 minutes to the baking time. This was devoured by my family in less than 24 hours!