A really moist, yummy pumpkin bread.
Make and share this Spicy Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and spices (flour through cloves) in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and the next 6 ingredients (sugar through pumpkin) in a different bowl, and stir well with a whisk or mixer until smooth.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 2 (8 × 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool loaves in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans.
- Cool loaves completely; cut each loaf into 12 slices.
- You may also cook in small loaf pans or muffin tins, reduce cooking time to 30-35 min.
- Check for doneness.
- NOTES: If you're tempted to fiddle with the spices (maybe substitute pumpkin-pie spice for the allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves), please don't.
- I tried it both ways and it wasn't as good.