1/3 Photos of Spicy Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 15 mins
A really moist, yummy pumpkin bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 3Combine flour and spices (flour through cloves) in a large bowl.
- 4Add sugar and the next 6 ingredients (sugar through pumpkin) in a different bowl, and stir well with a whisk or mixer until smooth.
- 5Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 6Spoon batter into 2 (8 × 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool loaves in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans.
- 9Cool loaves completely; cut each loaf into 12 slices.
- 10You may also cook in small loaf pans or muffin tins, reduce cooking time to 30-35 min.
- 11Check for doneness.
- 12NOTES: If you're tempted to fiddle with the spices (maybe substitute pumpkin-pie spice for the allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves), please don't.
- 13I tried it both ways and it wasn't as good.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2222.8
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 355.6 mg
- Sodium 2848.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 372.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 219.7 g
- Protein 34.3 g