Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I haven't tried this yet. Posting for safe-keeping and holiday use.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- whipped cream
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, salt, and spices; stir to mix; add to the pumpkin puree and stir until well blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the half-and-half and eggs; whisk until frothy.
- Add to the pumpkin mixture; stir to blend.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle hazelnuts over the top.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Let cool.
- If desired, top with whipped cream.
- Note--may add a tablespoon or two of rum or bourbon to the pumpkin mixture before baking if desired.