Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
What a great variation on pulled pork, which I didn't think I liked much until I made this.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canwhole tomatoes in puree
- 2 3⁄4 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except pork.
- Add pork, toss to coat.
- Cover, cook on high setting until meat is pull-apart tender, about 6 hours.
- Transfer meat to a large bowl, shred pork with forks.
- Return meat to pot, stir well.
- Serve with tortillas and shredded cheese, or whatever kind of bread you like.