Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made these as appetisiers for my partner and i one night, and i have to say they looked and tasted great!
- 6 jumbo prawns
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried small red chilies, padi, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- Clean, shell and devein prawns. Lightly sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in wok. Add in garlic, chilli and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add prawns and cover wok with lid.
- Cook 2-3 minutes over low heat.
- Lift the lid briefly, add in wine, cover again and continue to cook for an extra 3-4 minutes until gravy is almost evaporated. Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
This dish is scrumptious! I use large shrimp and subbed Thai chili paste for the chili pepper, I used just a smidge which gave it some heat without being overwhelming. I made this for just myself for dinner and can't wait to make it again for my DH! Made for PAC Fall 2012
How could anyone not rate this recipe 5 stars? Excellent flavor using the garlic & hot chili pepper. Served with Onion rings, Broccoli & Oven Fries. A meal fit for a king Thanks Cook Food Mood for posting