Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
A family favourite, we sometimes cook lobster tails or a firm type of fish in the same way. We like this with steamed Asian vegetables and rice.
- 1 kg medium prawns, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- Shell and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- Combine the prawns and the marinade in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or over night.
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan and cook the prawns until they are tender.
- Serve at once over rice or noodles, with a green vegetable.
- MARINADE:Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Wonderful Prawn recipe - I marinated the prawns for 6 hours in the fridge. I did not have any lemon grfass ( it is rarely available in my smaller town) so I used a squeeze of fresh lemon , I know the flavor is very different but it went well in this recipe. The taste was wonderful, subtle spicy but not take your head off spicy. I wok'd the prawns for apprx 3 minutes and they were perfect. These were medium size if larger I would do them for 4 minutes I have a half dozen favorite prawn recipes and this is now one of them Thanks Jan
Absolutely delicious, I love the tastes that come through. My hubby and son both gave it two thumbs up. I did up sambal oelek to 1 teaspoon, I cook with this a lot and I know what a kick it has but, I prefer things quite spicy. I marinated overnight and it was so yummy, I am glad I found this recipe I will be making this often. It is oh so easy and quick, apart from marinating time, but who cares about that, throw all the ingredients together, bung it in the fridge and start thinking of the delicious dinner awaiting to tease your tastebuds. I served mine with vegetables and noodles. Another great recipe Jan.