Recipe by JustJanS
A family favourite, we sometimes cook lobster tails or a firm type of fish in the same way. We like this with steamed Asian vegetables and rice.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful Prawn recipe - I marinated the prawns for 6 hours in the fridge. I did not have any lemon grfass ( it is rarely available in my smaller town) so I used a squeeze of fresh lemon , I know the flavor is very different but it went well in this recipe. The taste was wonderful, subtle spicy but not take your head off spicy. I wok'd the prawns for apprx 3 minutes and they were perfect. These were medium size if larger I would do them for 4 minutes I have a half dozen favorite prawn recipes and this is now one of them Thanks Jan
- 1 kg medium prawns, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- Combine the prawns and the marinade in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or over night.
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan and cook the prawns until they are tender.
- Serve at once over rice or noodles, with a green vegetable.
- MARINADE:Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.