1/2 Photos of Spicy Prawn Fried Rice from New Zealand
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. The recipe was found at Wattie’s - Food in a Minute website. Love Asian food but haven’t tried making it yourself? This tasty fried rice dish with succulent prawns, Asian sauces and a chilli kick is a great place to start. Reheating cooked rice requires caution due to a bacterium that can cause food borne illness. When dealing with cooked rice you should refrigerate as soon as cooled and do not reheat more than once. Because this recipe uses cooked rice it should not be reheated again. Discard any leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (450 g) bag shrimp, frozen, raw, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce, sweet
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- lime juice (1 lime or may substitute 1 lemon)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 11. Pour the beaten eggs into a hot, lightly greased frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until eggs are set, then turn the omelette onto a chopping board, cool, roll up and slice thinly.
- 2Pat prawns dry with paper towels and heat sesame oil in a wok or open deep frying pan, add the prawns and cook until they turn pink, then set aside and keep warm.
- 3Add spring onions and garlic and stir-fry over medium heat for 1 minute, next add the sweet thai chilli sauce, dark soya sauce, fish sauce and lime juice.
- 4Return the prawns to the wok with the cooked rice and snow peas and toss together in the sauces.
- 5Continue stir-frying until the rice and prawns are hot, then carefully stir through the sliced omelette and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Prawn Fried Rice from New Zealand
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 1364.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 23.7 g