Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Moist buttery salmon and crisp garlic toast makes a sensational appetizer or snack from Martin Blunos. Prep time does not include 20 mins satnding time for the salmon.
- 453.59 g salmon fillet
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, grated
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml capers
- 14.79 ml vinegar, from the capers
- Cut the salmon into 1/2in cubes, sprinkle with salt and allow it to stand for 20 minutes.
- Wash the salt off in cold water and dry well with kitchen paper.
- Put the salmon into a saucepan with the wine and season with nutmeg, pepper and cayenne.
- Simmer for about five to seven minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add to the salmon mix. Add the capers and their vinegar.
- Season to taste.
- Keep mixing gently until the butter starts to re-set this will add air to the mix, then spoon into pots or ramekins and level with a teaspoon.
- Pour over the melted butter and leave to set.
- Set the oven to 400°F
- Serve with garlic rubbed toasts of french bread.
I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. I have made this a couple of times and it is a real winner. Easy to make, looks very impressive, tastes wonderful. I just pulled some salmon out of the freezer to make this again. Always great anytime. Thanks English_Rose for a super recipe.