1/1 Photo of Spicy Potatoes & Cauliflower
BayLeigh Ann's Note:
Spicy, sweet and delicious! A nutritious side dish that's a great source of fiber. The servings are quite large.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 2 medium potatoes, skin removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, skin removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Place potato/cauliflower in large bowl or plastic bag. Please note it is important that the cauliflower is about the same size as the potatoes to ensure even cooking. The more caramelized the cauliflower the sweeter it becomes.
- 3Add oil. Toss to cover thoroughly so the spices have something to help them adhere.
- 4Then add spices about 1/4 at a time and toss throughly. This will help the spices be evenly distributed.
- 5Pour mixture into roasting pan and roast in oven for 30 minutes turning once.
- 6Remove when tender. The servings are very large and nutritious
- 7Option 1: Add a couple of heads of garlic! yummmm.
- 8Option 2: For a simpler but just as delicious variation without the spice use Herbes de provence!
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Potatoes & Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 453.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g