Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Spicy potato dish, adapted from a local cookbook.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425F Peel and roughly dice the potatoes about 5/8 inch in size.
- Place in bowl and toss with the 2 Tbsp olive oil, place on a baking tray and cook for 50 minutes (turn halfway) or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven.
- Combine tomato paste, the extra olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Tabasco and salt in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the roasted potatoes and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
These are great, we all loved them. Went very well with our lamb chops last night. Lovely colour, Amber thought they were pumpkin! The tabasco wasn't too spicy for kids either. Thanks Evie.
This makes a lovely flavourful potato dish and it's not too spicy so even toddler DD gave these a go. I used pre-prepared beer battered potatoes which worked great.
My son and I had these for lunch today with JenT's bean salad. These potatoes are just wonderful. So simple, so easy for such a delicious complexity of favours. I would never have thought of this combination of ingredients. Certainly put a different slant of chips and tomato sauce because that I what I wanted for lunch. I love your collection of fantastic recipes. love Chris