Recipe by Booshine
I learnt this from a book intended for vegetarian students, which means it's cheap, tasty, quick and easy. Great as a side dish with a main meal. Even better, just make a batch and devour while watching tv.
Top Review by Bergy
Easy recipe with great flavor. The recipe didn't say to cut the potatoes but I decided to cut these small potatoes into fours, like large chips. Great combination of flavors. Be careful not to burn the spices before adding your water and potatoes.
- 500 g potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 2 fresh green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes for 10 minutes, then drain.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok, and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds begin to pop, add the ginger, tumeric and chilli peppers (chopped).
- Cook the spices for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and water and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve when you think the mixture looks and smells tasty enough.