Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This too is from BBC's saturday kitchen by Manju Malhi.It is a accompaniment for the tandoori chicken.
- 4 large floury roasting potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed mustard seeds
- For the potatoes, preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Cut the potatoes into 2-3cm/1in squared cubes. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the potatoes for 2-3 minutes to begin cooking. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large roasting tray on the hob and add the potatoes, tossing to coat in oil until browned. Season well.
- Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes until crisp and golden and cooked through.
- Once roasted, add the spices to the oil.
- Toss potatoes in the tempered spices and serve.
Im giving this recipe five stars because the taste was wonderful - I do think that your should amend the recipe to include how to temper the spices. We loved these potatoes, very tasty!! I crushed the cumin and mustard seeds, the pepper and chilli with a mortar and pestle. I cut the potatoes slightly smaller as I wanted them to cook quicker and roasted them in ghee. I tempered the spices by frying them lightly for a minute in a small cast-iron pan. They were a great addition to your Chicken Tandoori #124380 and Coriander Chutney #124383.