Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These dry roasted potato wedges and dip are very tasty appetizers and can also be served as a side dish.
- 907.18 g baking potatoes
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 9.85 ml allspice
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml coriander, fresh, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes in half then into wedges. Add the wedges to a large pan of cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the wedges have softened but the flesh has not started to disintegrate. Drain well and pat dry on kitchen towel.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, allspice, coriander and paprika in a roasting pan. Add slat and pepper to taste. Add the potatoes to the pan and shake to coat them thoroughly.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the wedges are browned, crisp and fully cooked. Turn the wedges occasionally during the roasting time.
- Meanwhile make the chilli dip. Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 5-10 minutes, until softened.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and their juices. Stir in the chilli and vinegar. Cook gently for 10 minutes, until the mixture has reduced and thickened, then taste and adjust seasoning. Stir in chopped fresh coriander.
- Pile the wedges on a plate, garnish with extra coriander and serve with chilli dip.
I loved these! The spices were spot on..... The dip is outstanding! I made double the amount called for, and will add a little sour cream to scoop these stuff up with chips!!! Thnx for posting, Pinkie! Made for KcK's Forum.
Excellent flavors that go surprisingly well together. Thanks for posting!