Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These potato wedges taste awesome!! They have just the right amount of spice to be hot, but not overwhelmingly hot. I like that they are baked and not deep fried so it cuts out a lot of the fat, they are super simple to make, and taste great.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs potatoes, each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine potatoes and oil in a large bowl or plastic bag, tossing well to coat.
- Combine salt, garlic powder, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle salt mixture over potatoes, tossing well to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Turn potato wedges over, and rotate pans; baking an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Great. I love the kick of the red pepper!
These are excellent! I did double up on the spices because we enjoy the extra heat. I threw them on the grill while preparing our meat. Cooked them for about 15 minutes on each side and came out tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Thanks for posting.
Crispy and delicious. The addition of the red pepper adds just the right amount of heat.