Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A very simple and easy snack/side dish.
- Wash the potatoes well and slice them very thin (you can leave the skin on)- I just use a knife, but the slices will be more even with a slicer.
- Drop them into a bowl of cold salted water as you slice.
- When all the potatoes are sliced, drain and pat the slices dry.
- Place back into a bowl.
- Add the oil, salt and chilli powder to the potatoes and toss well- I like to do this with clean hands but feel free to use a ziploc bag.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray if desired.
- Place the seasoned potato slices on the skillet in a single layer.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, then flip the slices over.
- Continue flipping until both sides are spotted brown.
- Note 1: Adjust the salt and chilli powder to your taste.
- Note 2: The thinner you slice, the crispier the thins will be and the faster it will cook- So the cooking time specified here is approximate.
These are like home made potato chips. Because I had so may different batches (only single layer in the pan). I sprinkled different spices on each batch, like seasoning salt, garlic powder onion powder. We really liked them although it does take a lot of time at the stove.Thank you.