Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried these yet, but they sound fun.
- 4 small russet potatoes
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chipotle pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, pickled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the potatoes with a little bit of olive oil and lightly salt the skins, Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until tender.
- Cut the potatoes in half, and when cool enough to handle, scoop out the warm flesh into a bowl. Add the milk, butter, cheese, and scallions and stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. Scoop the mashed potatoes into the hollowed-out halves. Top with a bit of cheese and place under the broiler until the tops are cripsy. 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the chipotle with the sour cream and place a dollop on top of each cooked potato. Finish with a bit of crumbled bacon and jalepenos.