The word "scramble" makes you think of eggs, but there are none in this! All over India, there are versions of this dish. With this amount of chilli powder, it is supposed to be very spicy! If you don't like a lot of heat or spice, start with a small amount and add more at the end. I got this from an Indian recipe website. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in to small pieces (soak in water)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 -12 fresh curry leaves
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coconut, grated
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (too much for me!)
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, chopped
- lime juice, as needed (from about 1/2 lime)
- 1Peel the potatoes, cut into small pices and soak in water.
- 2In a frying pan, add oil, cumin seeds, onion, and curry leaves.
- 3Mix well and then add turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, coconut and salt. Drain the water from the potatoes and add to pan.
- 4Mix well then add coriander powder, red chilli powder. Mix well and close it with a lid.
- 5Cook until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 6Once it is done, turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Mix well and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Potato Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: