Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The word "scramble" makes you think of eggs, but there are none in this! All over India, there are versions of this dish. With this amount of chilli powder, it is supposed to be very spicy! If you don't like a lot of heat or spice, start with a small amount and add more at the end. I got this from an Indian recipe website. Enjoy!
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in to small pieces (soak in water)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 -12 fresh curry leaves
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coconut, grated
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (too much for me!)
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, chopped
- lime juice, as needed (from about 1/2 lime)
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small pices and soak in water.
- In a frying pan, add oil, cumin seeds, onion, and curry leaves.
- Mix well and then add turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, coconut and salt. Drain the water from the potatoes and add to pan.
- Mix well then add coriander powder, red chilli powder. Mix well and close it with a lid.
- Cook until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Once it is done, turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Mix well and serve hot.