Recipe by ellie_
No mayonnaise spicy potato salad is an interesting change from the standard potato salad. Adapted from recipe in church cookbook. Prep time includes 1 hour refrigeration time.
- 4 potatoes, peeled, cooked until tender, drained and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon frank's hot pepper sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 16 ounces thawed frozen corn
- 1 chopped red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges (garnish)
- parsley sprig, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small jar combine oil, vinegar, chili powder, salt and hot sauce.
- Shake well.
- Put potatoes in large salad bowl.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for tomato wedges) to potatoes and toss.
- Garnish with tomato wedges and parsley.