Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A great spicy potato salad without all the fat of mayo. I made it for Christmas and also for a potluck for my husband's work.
- 4 large round red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- Cook red potatoes in boiling water to cover 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool to touch. Cut potatoes into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil and next 5 ingredients; pour over potatoes tossing gently to cover. Chill 1 hour.
- Stir in corn and next 3 ingredients.
This was just okay.
It is a great change from traditional potato salad. I made this for my family and I liked it so much I brought it as a dish for a supper at work. It was a hit and everyone wanted the recipe. All I can say is try this and you will love it.