Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A vegan dosa-quesadilla hybrid that will leave you wanting more! We make a double batch and freeze them. We just pop 2 at a time in the toaster oven until heated through and they're just as good as the day we made them! We make ours into little hand-held, flat things so they're easier for our toddler to eat (not to mention they're easier to freeze and reheat). Feel free to use the whole tortilla and just fold it over, quesadilla-style!
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green curry paste (more or less, to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 russet potatoes (baked or steamed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 large flour tortillas
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion, cover, and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the green curry paste, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry powder and turmeric.
- Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Coarsely chop or mash the potatoes and add them to the onion mixture along with the salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook until hot and thoroughly mixed, leaving some texture.
- Cut the large flour tortillas in half.
- Fold them in your hands to make a cone (the smallest end should be closed so the filling doesn't fall out).
- Fill the tortilla halves with potato mixture, being sure not to over-stuff. Flatten to make hand-held pockets.
- Place them, two at a time, in a lightly oiled non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
- Transfer to a cooling rack lined with paper towels.
- Serve with chutney of choice (we use store-bought mint or coriander chutney).
This is very,very good. It does tastes like a dosa and DH loves dosas. I loved the recipe and the ease of using tortillas. Really a great recipe. I served it with chutney and lime pickle.