Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Ecuador. Posted for ZWT 7. Using left over mashed potatoes save time.
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3 medium chilies, Chopped (aji chilies if you can find them)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place potatoes in large saucepan, cover with water and add salt. Bring to boil, cook until tender (around 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, saute onions in margarine until golden. Mix the cheeses & chilies in with the onion.
- Drain then mash the potatoes. Stir the egg yolk and cornstarch in with the potatoes.
- Shape potato mixture around some of the chile-cheese mixture, forming 10 balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Flatten each ball slightly in the palm of your hand. Saute in hot oil until well browned on both sides.