Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Ecuador. Posted for ZWT 7. Using left over mashed potatoes save time.
Make and share this Spicy Potato Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Place potatoes in large saucepan, cover with water and add salt. Bring to boil, cook until tender (around 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, saute onions in margarine until golden. Mix the cheeses & chilies in with the onion.
- Drain then mash the potatoes. Stir the egg yolk and cornstarch in with the potatoes.
- Shape potato mixture around some of the chile-cheese mixture, forming 10 balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Flatten each ball slightly in the palm of your hand. Saute in hot oil until well browned on both sides.