Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Potage Crecy a classical French soup thickened with and pureed." Crecy" is a town in France famous thier carrots.
- 2 lbs fresh carrots (Chopped)
- 1 lb maui onion (Chopped)
- 2 serrano peppers (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons winter savory (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 cups white wine (Chardonnay)
- 2 tablespoons pastry flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups heavy cream (Tempered or Warm)
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg (Grated)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F and place oven rack in middle.
- In a large bowl whisk olive oil, fine herbs, salt, black pepper and toss vegetables until coated.
- Place vegetables in a roasting pan, reduce to 325 F and roast for 30- minutes.
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven melt butter, add garlic and bay leaves. Saute garlic for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add Chardonnay wine and reduce the wine by half.
- Slowly stir in pastry flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape roasted vegetables into a Dutch oven and stir.
- Slowly whish in vegetable stock and bring to a full boil, reduce to a simmer for 30-minutes.
- Whisk in warm cream, nutmeg and slowly bring to a full boil stirring. Reduce to a simmer for 10-minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Add parsley, cilantro and puree Potage Crecy with a hand blender.
- Season Potage Crecy to taste with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Serve Spicy Potage Crecy in warm soup bowls.
- Garnish with a dab of Creme Fraiche.