Recipe by Latchy
This is just a simple tasty Asian recipe.
Top Review by JustJanS
We all enjoyed this for our dinner tonight thanks Latchy. It was a simple recipe, like you said, that worked well. I used the whole bunch of coriander, as we love the stuff, but couldn't pinpoint what I thought was missing from the dish. Russell informed me it was a couple of tablespoons of fish sauce. That's what I'll add next time. Otherwiseit was very good.
- 700 g lean pork loin or 700 g pork fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 piece lemongrass, about 5 cm long shredded
- 2 small red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 400 g coconut milk
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped (put as much as you like depending on how you like coriander)
- 1⁄2 inch square shrimp paste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the pork very thin.
- Heat the oil, in a large wok and add the onion, chillies, lemon grass, (and shrimp paste if using) cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pork and seal.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, sugar and lemon juice, return to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- When cooked put in a dish and sprinkle with the coriander.