Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light. Note refrigeration time.
Top Review by 826257
This is fantastic, great combination of spicy hot and sweet. I have served this dish 3 times to rave reviews. To save on last minute preparation, I browned the onion and ginger ahead of time then reduced the sauce after the guests arrived...
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub pork with spice mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; add pork. Cook 6 minutes; brown on all sides. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 155°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- While pork bakes, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add ginger, and cook 4 minutes. Stir in broth and syrup, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices; serve with sauce.