1/4 Photos of Spicy Pork Tenderloin Pitas
Spicy and filling. Pork tenderloins are so easy to cook up. Plus, they were on sale this week, so I stocked up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 pita breads, halved
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cucumbers, sour cream, and dill. Refrigerate until needed.
- 2Cut the pork across the grain into 1/2-inch cutlets; then slice each piece into thin strips.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the mustard, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Add the pork and toss well to coat all the pieces. Let stand about 10 minutes.
- 4Coat a large no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray, and place over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 5Working in bunches to avoid overcrowding in the pan, add the pork and sautÃ© for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- 6Place peppers and onions in a 9-inch glass pie plate. Cover with vented plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until soft.
- 7Add the onions and peppers to the pan; sautÃ© for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Top pork mixture with peppers and onions.
- 8Line the pita pockets with the spinach. Add the pork mixture. Top each sandwich half with a tomato and some cucumber sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pork Tenderloin Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 21.7 g