Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I compiled many ideas from the recipes for this. My dh and neices and nephew loved it.
- 2 lbs pork, cut into chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 anaheim chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 potatoes, washed and cut into large chunks
- 2 zucchini, quartered and cut into large chunks
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope pork gravy mix
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup oil (for frying)
- Mix flour with next 4 ingredients. Shake the pork in the flour mixture. Heat oil to med hi temp, and brown on all sides. You may have to cook it in batches to do it right. Remove pork and set aside.
- Put onions into pan and saute for 3 minutes. Add chiles, except for chipotle, and bell peppers. Saute for 5 more minutes. Add carrots, garlic and meat. Add broth and gravy mix. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer, cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes for 15 minutes and cook.
- Add zucchini and cook until the potatoes are cooked to taste.