Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
My MIL gave this recipe to me. I often make this on Sunday's. Put it in the oven on your way out the door to church. Just about ready when you get home.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients; rub over entire roast.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast on a greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160-170 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
This was a really great pork roast. I did not have time to marinate over night, so I was only able to marinate it for two hours. I used thyme instead of sage as I did not have any sage on hand. It was delicious! The color was beautiful, and the pork was very tasty! Next time I will cut back to 1 tsp of black pepper. Thanks for posting!
This was such a tasty pork roast even though it never had time to marinade. I added both fresh sage and thyme. I can't wait to make this dish again. It was so spicy and tender...mummm. Thank you so much for positing this recipe NurseDi...It's a keeper.
we love this recipe! we were looking for a new way to make a flavorful pork roast without having gravy -this is a keeper!