1/1 Photo of Spicy Pork Ribs With Garlic and Tomatoes
3 hrs 25 mins
Boy do we love ribs!! This recipe is one of my favorites. Tons of flavor and sure to please everyone! Note: St. Louis-style ribs, cut from the spare rib and trimmed so there is less waste, are particularly meaty and succulent. The racks are pretty large, so you'll need a big roasting pan for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (2721.55 g) st. louis-cut pork rib racks, see Note
- coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (1587.57 g) can plum tomatoes
- 59.14 ml fresh basil leaf, plus additional chopped basil for garnish
- 226.79 g bacon, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 591.47 ml dry white wine
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 19.71 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Season ribs with salt and pepper and place in large, flame-proof roasting pan. Pour tomatoes over ribs and scatter basil on top.
- 3In skillet over medium-high heat, saute bacon until slightly crisp, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add half the garlic and all the onions and cook until browned, about 7 minutes.
- 5Pour in wine and let mixture simmer until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- 6Pour onion mixture over ribs, cover pan tightly with foil, and bake until meat is literally falling off the bone, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Transfer ribs but not sauce to a plate.
- 7Just before serving, in skillet over high heat, warm oil. Add remaining garlic and saute until fragrant and lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- 8Add vinegar and red pepper flakes and bring back to simmer. Pour garlic mixture into pan with sauce from the ribs, place it over high heat, and let it reduce by about a third, about 10 minutes.
- 9Add ribs to pan and toss them around to coat them in sauce and reheat them. Serve them hot, garnished with more basil, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pork Ribs With Garlic and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.4
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 269.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar