Recipe by A la Carte
These are so easy to put together. Make them as spicy as you like, we used a very hot chili, and hot curry paste, but you could tone it down if you wanted. Make them into 12 little patties for appetizers, or 4 large for dinner (cook longer). Serve with a thai dipping sauce, or a cucumber raita.
Top Review by Bergy
Lovely spicy patty. I cut the recipe in half and made two large patties to serve with veggies for dinner. This would be wonderful as an appitizer too especially with a Thai dipping sauce as mentioned - Either way this is a winner - we enjoyed out dinner Thanks Ak a Carte for posting
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 teaspoons hot curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- canoli oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, except the oil, in a large bowl and chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 12 portions and shape each one into a flat round pattie.
- Heat the oil (enough to cover the bottom of the non-stick frying pan) over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel if you wish. Serve hot with dipping sauce or raita.