Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Kabobs with Spanish flavors.
Make and share this Spicy Pork or Chicken Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (can sub cilantro)
- 1 lb boneless lean pork or 1 lb chicken, cut into 3/4 -1 inch cubes
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- In a mortar, combine the garlic with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mash together with a pestle to form a paste.
- In a dry small fry pan over high heat, combine the coriander seeds, paprika, cumin seeds, thyme and red pepper flakes. Heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until hot and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a spice grinder and grind to a fine powder.
- In a bowl, stir together the garlic paste, ground spices, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley.
- Add the pork or chicken cubes and turn to coat well. Cover and let stand at cool room temperature (can refrigerate) for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. At the same time, soak in water 12 bamboo skewers.
- Remove the cubes from the marinade, reserving the marinade and drain the skewers. Thread the pork cubes onto the skewers, dividing the cubes evenly among them. In a small pan, bring the reserved marinade to a boil over high heat and boil for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Place the kabobs on the grill rack 4 - 5 inches from the fire and grill, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade and turning every 2 - 3 minutes, until browned but still juicy, 10 - 15 minutes. Careful not to overcook.
- Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.