This is something we make quite often at my house. My teenage sons love this! I usually double the recipe and triple the sauce. The great thing is you can make it as spicy as you would like...if you don't like it spicy, leave the chili puree out. I usually increase the chicken broth a little to cut the salt of the soy sauce. Cook time includes only 15 minutes of marinade time. Of course it will taste better if you marinate it longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin or 1/2 lb pork cutlet, cut into 1 inch strips
- 8 ounces uncooked dried flat wide chinese noodles, broken into 2 inch pieces (you can subsitute fettuccine, vermicelli or thin spaghetti)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 cup diagonally sliced 1 inch green onion
- 1In a medium bowl stir together soy sauce, sherry, garlic and lime peel; toss with pork. Marinate in fridge for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- 2Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- 3In deep skillet or wok heat sesame oil; add pork. Cook over med high heat; stirring occasionally until cooked through (4-6 min). Remove from heat.
- 4In small bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients (except onions). Stir into pork mixture. Add green onions; and cook until it comes to a boil (1-2 minutes).
- 5Add noodles. Toss gently and continue to cook until heated through and noodles start to brown (3-5 minutes).
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pork Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 732.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: