Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe as it goes well with rice or chapatti. It is an Indian (Goan) dish and very popular in India. Specially made for parties.
- 1 kg pork (cut into bite size pieces)
- 5 large onions (sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 8 red chilies (I use the big Kashmiri chillies, remove seeds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 inch piece cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 10 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 10 garlic flakes
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 4 green chilies (slit and remove seeds)
- 250 g baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Deep fry the potatoes to a golden colour.
- Roast and grind together all the spices, chillies, ginger and garlic in vinegar.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil and fry the onions to a golden colour.
- Add pork and spices.
- Cook till the pork is golden in colour.
- Cover and cook on low flame till pork is tender and gravy thick.
- Mix in the potatoes.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatti.