Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was looking for a change of pace recipe for pork chops and decided to make up one of my own. This made the pork chops very tender and tasty. A big hit with my husband, but not so spicy that the kid wouldn't eat it.
- 3 -4 ounces pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons mustard, with jalapeno. (I used Woebers brand.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Trim the pork chops of excess fat. Put on dish to marinate.
- Mix the buttermilk and jalapeno mustard together.
- Pour over the pork chops, turn to coat. Marinate for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat oil in saute pan, add pork chops and brown both sides. Cover and saute about twenty minutes or until done.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
Very nice flavor. Not as spicy as I had hoped. Made as directed. Next time might try it in the crock pot. Made for PAC 2010.