Recipe by Chef Shadows
This is a nice change from the beef most use in chili. I give it a thumbs up!
Top Review by sfuchs82
I tried this but used what I had in my pantry. Instead of green pepper, used a 4 oz can of green chillis, used diced flavored tomatoes instead of the whole canned tomatoes crushed, and used 2 8oz cans of pork and beans instead of kidney beans. Since I was out of tomato sauce, I threw in my leftover spaghetti sauce! This tasted best served the next day, but turned out great!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 32 ounces whole canned tomatoes, crushed
- 16 ounces canned red kidney beans
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- warm flour tortilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven cook pork, onion, green pepper, and garlic in hot oil until pork is browned.
- Stir in flour, mixing well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except cheese and tortillas.
- Simmer, uncovered, one hour.
- Top each serving with some of the cheese.
- Serve with tortillas, if desired.
- Serves 8.