Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Once again, I don't remember where I got this one from, but since I wrote it on an index card, I know it was good. For a time, when I found and tried something new, if I liked it, I copied it onto an index card, with the result that the source was permanently lost. I need to do it again, now that I have found it again!
- Trim chops.
- Rub both sides with cut garlic, then sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste.
- Brown on both sides in skillet with melted butter.
- In a greased casserole, place a layer of apples and onions, using about half. Put chops on top, then cover the whole with remaining apples and onions.
- Stir flour into sediment in skillet and add 2 cups of boiling water, stirring constantly till thickened.
- Add the lemon juice, applesauce and spices.
- Make sure it is well mixed, then gently pour into casserole.
- Cover casserole dish with foil or lid, and cook for 1 hour, 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.