Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Flavorful, spicy & tangy. From March 2002 CL.
Make and share this Spicy Pork and Sauerkraut Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 2.46 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 946.36 ml cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (about 8 ounces)
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 78.07 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4 (226.79 g) kaiser rolls
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, oregano, thyme, and black pepper; sprinkle pork with spice mixture. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, coleslaw, and next 4 ingredients (coleslaw through Worcestershire sauce); cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread mixture evenly over cut sides of rolls. Divide coleslaw mixture, pork, and cucumber slices evenly among bottom halves of rolls. Cover with top halves of rolls.