Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
A very colorful tasty stew. This can be as spicy as you want it. My husband, Michael made this up from ingredients on hand, the other night. It is wonderful! We like it spicy. We had this again tonight... I had forgotten how good it is. We used leftover pork roast and leftover potatoes, think I will also put this in my leftovers cookbook I am creating.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 lbs pork chops (thickly cut)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fenugreek (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 lb new potato, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy dutch oven, sauté onion, garlic, and ginger in peanut oil.
- Add pork and fry over medium high heat until golden, about 5 minute.
- Add tomatoes, spices, and chicken stock.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 1 hour, until pork is tender.
- Add potatoes, continue cooking, covered for another 15 minutes.
- Add peas, cover, continue cooking for 5 minutes.