Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
Great meal to come home to after being away all day.
Top Review by Kenzington
This took me back to my childhood. My neighbor's mom was a german immigrant and she made things like this all the time. The only thing I was missing out of the meal was the smashed red potatoes with butter to eat it with. Wonderful! The only thing I would change next time is I'd put a layer of the cabbage and apples over the pork as it was a little dry. I used 5 cloves and a couple of bay leaves too. Go big or go home - and it was completely balanced and lovely. This is totally a keeper.
- 4 -6 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 dash Kitchen Bouquet
- 4 cups cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 3 -4 apples, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 small bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops with salt and pepper and brush with Kitchen Bouquet.
- Set aside.
- Place cabbage, apples and onion in Crock Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients except pork chops.
- Toss together well to evenly distribue spices.
- Arrange chops on top of cabbage mixture, stacking to fit.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.