1/1 Photo of Spicy Pork and Black Bean Chili
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g black beans
- 680.38 g boneless lean pork, cubed
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml cumin, ground
- 1 can tomato, chopped 28 oz
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 78.07 ml parsley or 78.07 ml coriander, chop
- 0 to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 19.71 ml chili powder, or more
- 9.85 ml oregano, dried
- 2.46 ml chili pepper flakes
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 3 green peppers, diced
- 0 to taste salt
- 1In a large pot, cover beans with water and bring to boil; cook for 2 minutes.
- 2Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 1 hour.
- 3Drain liquid and cover with 8 cups of cold water.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- 5Drain and reserve. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on high heat and brown meat cubes on all sides.
- 6Remove from pan and set aside. Add onions and garlic to pan; cook on medium heat until tender about 5 minutes.
- 7Add chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin and chili pepper flakes; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Return meat to pan along with tomatoes, including juice, stock and vinegar.
- 8Bring to boil, let simmer, partly covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 9Add beans and peppers; season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cover and cook 15 minutes more or until peppers are tender.
- 11Add chopped parsley or chopped coriander.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pork and Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g