Top Review by Aaron Bauer
Best chili I've made. I had a little trouble cooking the black beans the first time (didn't seem to soften no matter how much I cooked them), so I substituted 2 cans of precooked beans per pound. This will become a regular.
- 453.59 g black beans
- 680.38 g boneless lean pork, cubed
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml cumin, ground
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped 28 oz
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 78.07 ml parsley or 78.07 ml coriander, chop
- 0 to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 19.71 ml chili powder, or more
- 9.85 ml oregano, dried
- 2.46 ml chili pepper flakes
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 3 green peppers, diced
- 0 to taste salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cover beans with water and bring to boil; cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 1 hour.
- Drain liquid and cover with 8 cups of cold water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Drain and reserve. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on high heat and brown meat cubes on all sides.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Add onions and garlic to pan; cook on medium heat until tender about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin and chili pepper flakes; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Return meat to pan along with tomatoes, including juice, stock and vinegar.
- Bring to boil, let simmer, partly covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add beans and peppers; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes more or until peppers are tender.
- Add chopped parsley or chopped coriander.