Recipe by Darcie Kelly
This recipe is for the person who likes everything spicy hot!! I learned about this trick from a coworker who is a hot food freak! The spicy oil can be used for a varitiey of foods; different types of oils can be used as well. Peanut oil is the best overall choice, since it withstands higher temperatures.
- 1 habanero (choose size depending on how spicy you want it)
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the vegetable or peanut oil in a pot suitable for popping corn.
- Warm the oil gently and place sliced habanero in the oil (be careful to wash your hands after handling, and don't touch your eyes or nose!) Stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Be careful not to heat the oil too much; the smoke from the oil will cause your lungs and eyes to burn.
- Remove the sliced habanero from the oil and discard.
- Pop your popcorn like you normally would in the spicy oil.
- Add your favorite popcorn condiments, such as melted butter, salt, cheese flavoring, or my favorite, butter flavored sprinkles, and enjoy!