Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to love pizza sub sandwiches from my local sub shop. But then they decided to punish me and stop making them. This is as close as I can come to what I remember.
- 2 submarine sandwich buns
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinley sliced
- 14 ounces mom's spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces sliced jalapenos
- Split roll and layer with cheese, meats, and sauce. Top with jalepenos if desired.
- Use leftover sauce for dipping.
I was going to post my favorite pizza sub from our local shop, so I searched here to see if something similar was already posted, and yes - its pretty much this one! These are fantastic, I have to get one at least once a week! The only diff with mine is that they toss the completed sub in the oven to toast the bun and melt the cheese - then they top with finely shredded lettuce and onion and sliced tomato. Banana peppers instead of jalapenos.. Excellent combination of flavors! I would also suggest that folks only spread the pizza sauce on the top half the bun, so it's not so slippery/sloppy when eating.