Recipe by Julesong
Use this cooked spicy sausage on your pizzas! You can cook it up and freeze it in batches to use later, too. Adapted from Cooking Light.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir well.
- Over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet, brown the sausage, stirring to crumble into pieces of the desired size (I like big-ish chunks rather than "gravel"), about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Use on your pizza.
- Makes 5 cups (5 servings of 1 cup each, for a large pizza) of pizza sausage – you can put it into Ziplock bags and freeze them for later use, if you like.