Recipe by Feingold Mom
Although I love the tang of these, you can substitute cinnamon and sugar to make these sweet. Of course those are my kids favorite.
- 3 large plain pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the garlic, spices and oil together and set aside. Take the pitas and slice each in half down the middle to give you two semi-circles. On a flat surface, roll each pita out firmly with a rolling pin to flatten out. This will ensure they do not curl up when baking.
- Take a cookie sheet and lay the pitas out in a single layer. Use more than one tray if there isn't enough room on one. Drizzle the oil with the garlic and spices over the pitas with a spoon, ensuring that the spices are spread evenly. Bake in a hot oven for 7-10 minutes until crispy and slightly golden around the edges.