Recipe by *Z*
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
Top Review by Ronamay
Considering the pineapple and zucchini, I thought this cake would be a little moister than it was. and I even added more pineapple (about 3/4 of a 22 oz can, drained). I also thought it needed a little more "spice". The recipe did not indicate what size pan to use or if it needed greased and floured. It fit nicely in a 9x13 which I did grease and flour and the baking time was perfect. I will make this again though, and will use a whole can of pineapple and a little more of the spices, maybe some allspice too? The cream cheese frosting was very good although I used Vanilla in place of the Lemon extract(not lemon crazy) and I made extra by 1/2 just because we love cream cheese frosting.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil, salad
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 8 ounces pineapple, crushed, drained
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup currants or 1 cup raisins
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 8 ounces powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs to blend, add oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beating until thick and foamy.
- Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Stir dry mixture gently into zucchini mixture just until blended.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Dust finished cake with powdered sugar or top with cream cheese frosting.
- Cream ingredients, beating until smooth.