Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce can be used with chicken, meat, fish or even with baked beans. I usually double the recipe as I want to have some on hand in the freezer.
- Heat oil in a saute pan to medium temperature.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Saute about 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice vinegar and crushed pineapple, juice included.
- Add allspice, red pepper flakes and mustard.
- Heat, stirring, about 4 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Blend mixture, either by hand blender or container, until smooth,
- Just before serving, stir in chopped basil and diced red bell pepper.
I took your advise and doubled the recipe....Great idea. The only thing I did different was to add some brown sugar to your awesome recipe. I threw a bag of frozen turkey meatballs into the crock pot and then added this yummy sauce to it...let it heat through....YUMMMM Thanks Chef Dudo!!!! Made for PAC srping 2009