1/2 Photos of Spicy Pineapple Pickle (Acar Nenas)
Kitty Z's Note:
This looked too interesting to pass up! It's not too pickly, with just a tablespoon of vinegar, but deliciously sweet and spicy. From a cookbook, "Nonya Favourites," which I picked up in Singapore. The book suggests serving this with rice and a coconut curry, or fried fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pineapple into 1-cm-thick wedges.
- 2Heat oil in a wok, add ginger and chili, saute about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- 4The pickle is finished when the oil rises to the top and the pineapple is glossy. The pineapple should still be juicy.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pineapple Pickle (Acar Nenas)
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 306.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: