Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These small, tasty meatballs are best served on a toothpick and handed round at parties, or just on the side as an appetizer
- 375 g hamburger
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 small granny smith apple, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup stale breadcrumbs
- oil, for shallow frying
- 450 g pineapple chunks
- Combine minced steak with Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, apple and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- Shape mixture into balls, roll in flour.
- Shallow fry in hot oil until golden brown all over.
- Top each meatball with piece of pineapple, securing with a toothpick.