Recipe by Rita~
These are savory fritters filled with pineapples, habanaro, chives, garlic, turmeric and are very addictive. Serve as an appetizer, top some grilled meats, seafood or a side to a salad. Diced red pepper mix along the pineapple would be very good in this as well.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you for sharing this tasty dish with us Miss Rita. I enjoyed the spicy pineapple fritters for lunch today. I will be having the rest tonight with dinner, my dh is going to love these. Made for ZWT7 for Witchin Kitchen.
- 1 habanero, minced (use with or without seeds up to what you can handle or any chili)
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh chives
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 sage leaves, minced
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first 9 ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and well mixed.
- Place in a bowl and add pineapple chunks. Stir to coat.
- In a heavy pan heat a couple inches of oil. Oil will be ready when you drop a bit of batter in and it drops to bottom sizzles and rises to surface. At this point drop by spoonfuls and fry till browned taking a couple minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and garnish chives.
- Good served hot, great room temperature and even better cold.