Recipe by hubert cumberdale
A yummy stirfry recipe! Instead of using store bought veggies, sub in with whatever is on hand: bean sprouts, sweet peppers, snow peas, carrots, and bamboo shoots (for example) all work marvelously!
Top Review by jen
Great recipe! I used fresh veggies only: carrots, red & yellow peppers, leeks, and snap peas (plus the green part of the green onion). I also used fresh apricots instead of canned ones and used the juice from the pineapple as my base.
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricots, drained, chopped, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof stirfry vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together apricot juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until the cornstarch has dissolved; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook until they begin to turn golden brown, about 10 seconds. Stir in the stirfry vegetables, and continue cooking until the vegetables are hot.
- Stir in chopped apricots, pineapple, and soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; continue cooking until the sauce thickens and clears, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in green onion and serve over cooked rice.